This page has been declared defunct. Contact a moderator for details.
Modrovian Federal Republic
Republjka Federala Modrovi
Motto: "Mai ântâi oamenje" ("The people first")
Location of Modrovia (dark green)
– in Anterra (green & grey)
|Ethnic groups |
85% Modrovian |
|Government||Republjkă Parlamentară Federală|
• Prime Minister
|835,525 km2 (322,598 sq mi)|
• Water (%)
• 2019 estimate
• 2019 census
|108/km2 (279.7/sq mi)|
|GDP (PPP)||2019 estimate|
|$4,798 billion ($53,345)|
|Currency||Modrovian Krále (Kl.)|
|Time zone||UTC 0|
The Modrovian Federal Republic, (Heltic: Republjka Federala Modrovi) is a Federal Parliamentary Republic located in Western Artemia. The Federation is made up of 9 constituent states with a mostly temperate climate and covers 835,5258 square kilometres. The Modrovian Federal Republic is made up of over 89 million inhabitants of largely Modrovian culture with the Modrovian Capital of Karlovi being the largest city in Modrovia holding the highest population density in the Modrovian Federal Republic.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
The name "Modrovia" is derived from the name "Modrov" corresponding to the Western Artemian mountain range which acts a natural division between Western and Central Artemia.
Mæðrafjöll - meaning "Mother mountains" - was the Gardic word used by tribes to describe the mountain range in central Artemia, which the name Modrov is derived from. By the 8th century, the Heltic tribes which had migrated westward through the Modrov mountains had deviated from their original northern culture which led to the creation of the Heltic language, turning "Mæðrafjöll" into the more simplified "Modrov".
The name "Modrovia" was established in the 19th Century during Heltic re-unification, chosen due to the original Heltic migration through the Modrov mountains, and effectively meaning "People of the Modrovs" and it insinuates the secondary meaning "Heltics of the Modrovs" due to the presence of Heltic descendants in various other regions of the world.
History[edit | edit source]
Antiquity[edit | edit source]
something something early migration from northern Artemia?
Early Heltics (172 - 991)[edit | edit source]
The Heltic Kingdom (992 - 1511)[edit | edit source]
Mountain kingdom begin conquering portions of Western Artemia which contained more Heltic descendants and other cultures. Creation of the unified Heltic Culture.
The War of Eagles and the collapse of the Heltic Kingdom (1512 - 1516)[edit | edit source]
King dies, eldest son takes power, his 5 other sons attempt to kill the eldest for power, starts six way civil war. Internal divisions and factions form, expanding amount of fronts throughout the war. Results in Heltic kingdom exploding into several dozen minor Heltic states. Collapsed states get invaded by Gardic Empire at some point.
Post Heltic Kingdom collapse (1517 - 1839)[edit | edit source]
After the Fall of the Heltic Kingdom in 1516, the region which once encompassed the Heltic Kingdom was divided into dozen of states, the largest of which being the Kingdom of Ǩásgród which contained six million inhabitants. Due to the perceived failure of autocracy and monarchism as a whole many Heltic nations had formed into republics, overthrowing the royal houses which held majority of the state power through a three estate system during the rule of the Heltic Kingdom; however some states had retained their monarchies such as the Kingdom of Ljšová which was run by one of the Heltic king’s own sons.
Throughout the 18th century the region remained divided by national lines and political ideologies yet remained culturally unified which would contribute to the rise of pro-unification movements across the old Heltic regions during this period. While many states maintained cordial relations, several wars broke out between democratic and autocratic states creating divides between the post collapse Heltic nations some of which carry on to the 20th and 21st centuries due to cultural separatism policies carried out by the few remaining monarchist states.
Gardic Occupation[edit | edit source]
The weakened and divided position of the Heltic states was seen as an opportunity for westward expansion during the mid 18th century by the Gardic Empire. Throughout the mid 16th century, Gardic forces would make repeated advances into the Heltic regions - at its peak the Gardic Empire encompassed eight Heltic states and maintained control of the Golden Sea (Modrovian Heltic: Marea de Aur) a region on the eastern border of modern day Modrovia nicknamed by Heltic locals for its expansive farmlands and wheat fields. The region would be described by some Gardic troops as an “[…]endless fields of golden grains and fertile lands.”.
The Gardic occupation of Heltic regions sparked the creation of various militia groups across the occupied states which would actively oppose the Gardic garrisons throughout the late 18th and early 19th centuries making the occupation costly endeavour for the Gardic government to maintain due to the ever increasing death toll, with mountaineer militias harassing Gardic mountain passes through the Modrov mountains, often stealing firearms and disrupting logistics through the mountains. The Gardic garrison in the region at times faced supply shortages and often low morale due to the constant threat of combat, against an enemy which some Gardic soldiers regarded as "ghosts" .
Many of these groups would continued to exist after Modrovian unification as formalised military units in the new unified Modrovian army.
Formation of a new Heltic State (1840 - 1859)[edit | edit source]
Heltic Reunification and the new Heltic State[edit | edit source]
In the 1800's the divides between the aristocratic northern Heltic states and southern republics had reached their peak. The ideas of Heltic re-unification under a new republican confederation spread across the southern states due to growth of monarchist threats across Artemia especially with the continued occupation of some Eastern Heltic States by the Gardic Empire - which spawned its own anti-monarchist sentiments and reactions. Culturally, the Heltic people after the fall of the Heltic Kingdom would often blame monarchism and divine rule for the failures and the eventual fall of the Heltic Kingdom, however some old Heltic royal bloodlines continued to rule in the shadow of the former Heltic might in a bid to continue their aristocratic traditions within Heltic regions. This cultural hatred for monarchism, and the aforementioned international monarchist pressure would push the southern Heltic republics into talks of unification, backed by a majority of the southern population, and by 1840 the Modrovian Confederation had formed. The name was chosen due to the origins of the Heltic people in Western Artemia, which had migrated from central Artemia through the Modrov Mountain range.
The Modrovian Confederation was initially a confederation of two states however would grow throughout the mid to late 1840's as the confederation continued to establish itself throughout the southern Heltic states, it aimed to remove the Heltic ties to arisocratic rule and secure a democratic and republican future for the Heltic culture after the failures of the Heltic Kingdom. For the first five years of the Modrovian Confederation's existence it would establish its foundations, and make efforts to completely unify both nations into a two state nation with the expectation of more to come. During this five year period (1840-1845) the Confederation would begin to negotiate amongst the southern Heltic states in an effort to grow the confederation and eventually completely unify the southern Heltic States under the new Modrovian banner, this would prove successful from 1845-1849 as more and more southern states signed onto the deal or were pressured into it by the ever expanding military and political presence of the Modrovian Confederation.
By 1849, the Modrovian Confederation encompassed the entire southern region of the old Heltic Kingdom, leaving only the northern Monarchist states. In mid 1849, an Aristocratic coalition formed between the remaining Heltic monarchist states in an effort to alleviate the pressure of the republican Modrovian Confederation which lay at their southern borders, and by late 1849 the decision was made by the coalition to initiate pre-emptive invasion into the Modrovian Confederation as they believed the Confederation was militarily disorganised due to their perceived bureaucratic ways of democracy. This assumption by the generals of the Aristocratic Coalition would however prove incorrect very quickly, with a unified Modrovian response to the invasion occurring a few days later as news spread across Modrovia of the invasion, marking the begining of the Heltic Unionist War. The new Modrovian army had not fully standardised prior to the war and was caught midway through its modernisation efforts, however it would prove effective during the Heltic Unionist War, with the war lasting from 1849 until late 1853 with a Modrovian Confederate victory over the Aristocratic Heltic states. This victory had marked the finalisation in the re-unification of the Heltic states under a single republican nation, marking the accomplishment of the Modrovian Confederation's main goal.
War for the Golden Sea (1850 - 1854)[edit | edit source]
- See more: War for the Golden Sea
The War for the Golden Sea is a secondary conflict which ran parallel to the Heltic Unionist War. It was between anti-monarchist nationalist heltic militias across the Gardic occupied Heltic regions. The year at which it began is an often debated topic, however it escalated in mid 1850 after the occupied regions received news of the ongoing Heltic Unionist War between the northern Modrovian Confederation and the southern Aristocratic Coalition which spread to the Heltic militias which had formed in Gardic occupied territories. The war was fought over the "Golden Sea" region, a name given locals due to its high soil fertility and large wheat and grain fields which spanned across the region. The "Golden Sea" is part of what is now considered Eastern Modrovia but was once the eastern most border of the Heltic Kingdom.
In mid 1850, the existing Heltic anti-monarchist Militias, which had formed decades prior, initiated a large scale uprising across all Gardic occupied Heltic regions, initiating much more aggressive guerilla tactics and at times engaging in what was borderline conventional military tactics for the time in order to harass the already demoralised Gardic garrisons. The escalation of actions against the Gardic occupiers would place heavy pressure on the Gardic Empire as they began to struggle to maintain the total control of their Heltic territories like they used to, with asymmetric warfare making all occupied regions extremely dangerous with Gardic garrisons often becoming encircled by the highly mobile Heltic militias. During this time, Heltic militias which had taken refuge in the Modrov mountains began to also increase the intensity of their anti-gardic resistance, ambushing Gardic supply chains across the mountains in broad daylight, harassing and at times demolishing Gardic mountain outposts during night raids and eventually the mountain militias would make the mountains impassable through their area denial tactics, cutting off the 100,000 man Gardic garrison's access to the Gardic heartlands severing an entire arm of the Gardic military. These actions by Heltic militia's across Gardic occupied Heltic states would ultimately prove to be the final cause of the collapse of the Gardic Empire, with their Heltic region garrisons either dead or captured by the Heltic militias.
In late 1853, the Modrovian Confederation would move its army into the Gardic occupied Heltic regions, directly assisting the Heltic militias in dismantling the remaining Gardic forces which lay divided from their homelands and deprived of supplies. This would result in the Modrovian army advancing further into Gardic territories, eventually crossing into the northern regions of Eranor in 1854 which were at the time also occupied by Gardic forces. Some of the Heltic Militias which fought in the War of the Golden Sea would later continue their existence after integrating into the Modrovian army, with some of the larger militias being turned into companies and retaining their names and seeing service into the 20th century.
The rise of Modrovia and rise of Heltic national populism (1860 - 1919)[edit | edit source]
- Post total territorial unification of Heltic regions, Modrovian Confederation would become a Federatal Republic marking the creation of a new Modrovian central government and marking a step towards a complete political unification of the new Heltic State.
- Central government began a push for rapid industrialisation, and militarisation after fears that Modrovia's continued existence as an independant republican state was at risk due to growing international monarchist pressure.
- Modrovian Federation would begin to catch up to its far older neighbours in relative power, and its swift rise left some older monarchies uneasy as the Modrovian state not only challenged the aristocratic ideals of many Artemian states, but was also proving to be a militarily, industrially and economically capable nation - a threat to all monarchies.
- International monarchist pressures continued well into the late 1860's with the threat of war seeming to be a large unifying factor for the Heltic people, which set the foundations for the Rise of Heltic national populism in Modrovia.
Rise of Heltic national populism (1870)[edit | edit source]
- Anti-monarchist sentiments increase rapidly
- Modrovian people are scared of the Monarchies which threaten Modrovia's existence. Small groups begin taking up radical ideas.
The Grand Campaigns (1920 - 1925)[edit | edit source]
While Modrovia remained neutral during the start of the conflict, it would see itself secretly backing democratic rebel groups in Ovancia, accelerating the removal of monarchies which had pressured Modrovia in the past within Artemia. Modrovia would also assist Legantus’ military modernisation prior to an agreed upon intervention into the war by both nations simultaneously. During the 1920's republican revolts across the Western Artemian region, Modrovia would declare war alongside Legantus, this would see Modrovia advance Westwards into Mero-Curgovina, which would ultimately lead to the occupation of north-eastern Mero-Curgovina.
The Post-War period (1925 - 1944)[edit | edit source]
- Saw an unstable Modrovia form as the government began to make several unpopular decisions, followed by the growth in radical ideologies formed during the war due to the conditions which soldiers and those at home faced.
Modrovian Syndicalist Movements and revolts (1925 - 1939)[edit | edit source]
- (1925) Modrovias economy takes a hit during the war and returning soldiers began forming syndicalist movements. These parties began to grow slowly.
- (1927) Syndicalist veterans attempt to acquire weapons to form militias however it was a slow process delaying their plans for a revolt by several years due to falling support, initially they attempt a "peaceful" coup which ends up in everyone arrested, later an armed raid on parliament which leads to the death and arrests of dozens of syndicalist members and a few leaders.
- (early 1937) Small peaceful coup attempt fails results in arrests of Syndicalist leadership, later an armed last ditch attempt results in shootout in Modrovian parliament building. Syndicalist movements plummet in support, nationalist government is thrusted into power.
- (early 1930) Rise of Syndicalism gives way to massive support to nationalist parties who promised to remove syndicalist movements(most Modrovians were very nationalistic).
- (mid 1937) Post-War centerist Government fails to react to the threats, resulting in nationalist parties rallying support for an emergency election, leads to nationalist victory, and the introduction of the Article 49 (Also known as: Internal Integrity Act and Parliament Siege Decree) suspending civil rights temporarily and leaving the nationalist government capable of removing the syndicalist threat with zero liability to damages.
Modrovian demobilisation and Military reform (1926 - 1944)[edit | edit source]
- (1927) High casualties on South - Eastern Mero-Curgovinian front and other failures leads to military reform.
- (1928) Military budget massively decreased post war during demobilisation period in order to recover from economic damages, arms industry begins to tank in productivity. Budget was never increased due to inefficient government and stagnating parliament.
- After 1940 and the introduction of the nationalist government military budget rapidly increased, introduction of War Plan Red on the 5th of October 1941. War Plan Red outlined a defense plan in order to guarantee Modrovia's continued existence, it would introduce defense features such as pre-rigged bridges for detonation in the event of invasion and later in the 1950s expanded to cover freeway redesigns which would allow road barriers to act as tank barriers. The plan would mandate that the Modrovian Armed Forces be as well armed and prepared as it potentially could be alongside with the civilian population being carefully provided for in the event of a catastrophe.
- Fun fact: It was common place for Modrovia to convert old chassis into casemate SPG's in order to extend the lifespan of vehicle chassis' in the early 1940's - They'd prove effective in MC's civil war and later result in the continued use of casemates well into the 1970's.
Growth and acceptance of Heltic national populism (1930-1937)[edit | edit source]
- (1930) - Growth - Initially begins as the formation of nationalist Freikorps in several major Modrovian cities, many members were war veterans with more extreme nationalist views who decided to join the Freikorps after the rise of Syndicalism in Modrovia and the continued stagnation of the Modrovian centerist government. Freikorps would later become the Modrovian Gendarmerie under the nationalist government.
- (1937) - Acceptance - Begins raids on syndicalist groups following Article 49 (Parliament Siege Decree), results in hundreds of executions and arrests from 1937 until the later months of 1939.
- Description: (Modrovian Heltic: Uniunea Națională Populară; English: National Peoples Union), the national coalition which prioritises Modrovia and its power projection begins intervening in wars that could benefit Modrovia and rapidly builds Modrovia's arms industry, repeatedly wins elections since 1939 and maintained a large seat dominance in the parliament, collapses in the late 60's due to controversies and internal feuds.
Modrovian interventionism and globalisation(1945 - 1997)[edit | edit source]
Intervention in Mero-Curgovinian Civil War[edit | edit source]
- Joined the war on the side of the Loyalist Militia's to kick out ultranationalist party which had begun to threaten Modrovia's interests.
- Joined to turn Mero-Curgovina into a future ally by showing support for their cause.
- Armed and trained loyalists, engaged in combat side by side with loyalist militia's.
- Used the war to test Modrovian military reforms and ideas, bringing in new innovations.
Dealings in Kesh[edit | edit source]
- Arms dealing to Kodeshia
Seratof island disputes[edit | edit source]
Intervention into Veikan Civil War[edit | edit source]
- LoFN coalition intervention
Dealings in Avalonia[edit | edit source]
- Economic expansion into Albaterra (Purchasing of arms companies)
Departure from the League of Free Nations[edit | edit source]
Modern day (1998 - Present)[edit | edit source]
Founding of the Pan-Artemian Coalition[edit | edit source]
Geography[edit | edit source]
Demographics[edit | edit source]
As of 2019 the Modrovian Federation Republic has a total population over 89 million, with 81% of that population residing in urban regions of the country. The Modrovian population has seen steady increases. Much of the Modrovian population resides in the state of Kralove, where the capital is located with a relatively high population density of on average 201.86 people per square kilometre.
The Modrovian population has a relatively high average life expectancy, with the expectancy for males and females being 81.2 and 83.7 respectively. Current Modrovian government programs do not grant citizenship to foreigners born within Modrovia, unless they are born to at least one Modrovian parent and marriage between a Modrovian citizen and a foreigner does not guarantee citizenship. Citizenship is a heavily controlled system within Modrovia, Modrovians born outside of Modrovia are granted citizenship granted they can prove they are of Modrovian descent but must complete integration courses upon arrival before gaining full citizenship status. For foreigners to be granted citizenship in Modrovia they must live in Modrovia for a 15 year uninterrupted period and complete integration courses in order to assimilate into Modrovian society, or alternatively serve 5 years in the Modrovian Foreign Legion and pass Modrovian integration courses to acquire their citizenship.
Politics[edit | edit source]
Government[edit | edit source]
Administrative Divisions[edit | edit source]
Foreign Relations[edit | edit source]
- See more: Modrovian Foreign Relations
Modrovia maintains diplomatic relations with most nations in the world, and is one of the leading members of the Pan-Artemian Coalition. Modrovia holds significant economic and military power, it has proven capable of exerting soft and hard power internationally and is recognised as a great power in political affairs.
Defense[edit | edit source]
- See more: Modrovian Armed Forces
The Modrovian Armed Forces are made up of four main service branches and a gendarmerie which together are the military force of the Modrovian Federal Republic. The Modrovian military is tasked with ensuring the security of both domestic borders and overseas interests in addition to assisting with internal security through the gendarmerie. The four main service branches of the Modrovian Armed Forces are the Army, Expeditionary Forces, Navy and Airforce and they make up the bulk of the Armed Forces. Currently the Modrovian Armed Forces consist of 242,550 active personnel and 12,619 reservist personnel, with 105,620 active personnel currently in the gendarmerie.
Each branch within the Modrovian Armed Forces offer unique contributions to Modrovia’s defence strategy. The Army is the largest service branch in the Modrovian Armed Forces and is primarily tasked with land based operations within Artemia and in some cases abroad, it forms the bulk of Modrovia’s offensive and defensive capability. The Army also includes the Territorial Guard which acts as the Modrovian Army reserve force. The Navy acts as the primary defense against naval threats, and also enables Modrovia to deploy expeditionary forces through their amphibious assault vessels and non-nuclear carriers. Over time the Modrovian Armed Forces have become largely focused on expeditionary operations with a growth in the Expeditionary Forces, which has allowed Modrovia to establish a capable force for more efficiently acting on overseas interests and the protection of allies abroad. The Airforce is the fourth largest branch in the Modrovian Armed Forces and serves as both air support for ground and naval based forces and as the primary means to secure Modrovian airspace, utilising a mixture of aircraft to efficiently carry out its role. The gendarmerie (formally the Modrovian National Guard) while not a primary combat branch, it acts as an internal security force which serve as law enforcement and guards for important government and military locations. The gendarmerie maintains limited military capability available allowing it to reinforce the Modrovian army if deemed necessary.
The Modrovian Armed Forces seen extensive overseas deployment throughout its existence including several ongoing deployments across anterra, including participation in joint multinational training exercises and peacekeeping operations.
Domestic Arms Industry[edit | edit source]
- See more: List of Modrovian Defense Contractors
Economy[edit | edit source]
The Modrovian economy is amongst the largest global economies surpassing most Western Artemian economies, with a service based economy with an underlying raw materials and manufactured goods sector, with a gross domestic product (PPP) of $4,798 trillion in 2019. Modrovia is a high-income country due to a gross national income (PPP) per capita of $53,345 - Modrovia has a growing middle class due to continued state investments in high-skill vocational education and critical infrastructure, diversification, the expansion of middle to high income industries, and increases to the production and import of consumer goods. Over the past 10 years, Modrovia's real gross domestic production growth has averaged at 3.2%.
International trade and economics[edit | edit source]
Modrovia currently holds several trade agreements across Anterra and has rapidly expanded its economic influence abroad through both trade and corporate acquisitions, placing it amongst the leaders in world trade and economic influence.
- Corporate holdings in albaterra
- Holdings in Alvak
- Holdings in Kodeshia
- Presence in Gardarike